April seemed like it was never going to end. I felt like I was in a never ending revolving door for majority of the month. It wasn’t all a blur though, so here are the 5 most important lessons I learned last month.
- Being present in the present is wise and reliving a past you can’t change is torture. I spent a few weeks wishing I could turn back the hands of time. At one point I think that’s why I ended up so sick, stressing out about something I had no power to change. I started journaling and focusing on the present. I saw a turn around in my health and attitude as soon as I focused on my gratitude.
- A morning routine can really set the mode for the rest of the day. I’m all about balance and understand how easy it is for life to through that balance off. Waking up in the morning and jumping on social media with out taking a second to meditate proved to not be conducive to aiding in a balanced day. Now I journal, listen to a motivational podcast and do a daily devotional.
- Healing is not a over night process ...it’s an over time process. Man, this was a hard pill to swallow. After a week I expected certain emotions to be buried but the process of healing didn’t catch that memo. Thankfully my expectations were crushed, I’m embracing this journey one day at a time.
- Be gentle with yourself. Life can be rough enough, no need to be rough on yourself too.
- Everything I want is on the other side of fear. My wildest dreams excite me and also spark fear as well. I feel the fear and move forward anyway. The next few months are going to be the best yet, because I’m not letting fear control how I move!